Start A Business Smoothly
Know the Simple Steps for Starting
Your Business Right.
Owning your own business is right up there with apple pie and baseball as an American pastime. In order to assure that your business succeeds beyond the initial desire and thrill of fulfilling a dream, you must take the time to develop a comprehensive plan and gain the advantage of having all pertinent information in place before you begin your venture.
We can help you avoid becoming another failed business statistic.
With our help, you will identify and avoid the common mistakes many new business owners make. We will help you build a business plan for success, as well as provide financial management services to meet your needs.
Steps to starting your business right…
- Prepare a business plan and determine your initial capital needs.
- Identify your current resources, as well as sources of start-up capital and your borrowing capacity.
- Review potential business structures in terms of tax advantages and portability in case you need to relocate.
- Plan for financial management of your business by selecting accounting software that fits your projected budget and gaining the hardware necessary to run it.
- Understand the key components of a Cash Flow Projection and develop one to cover each month of your business for the first year, at least.
- Learn about the best billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Research and gain an understanding of employment laws so that you are prepared to comply from the start.
- Consider a home office for maximizing tax deductions.
- Prepare and file for all local and state licenses and permits.
- Gain a Federal Employer Identification Number and set up payroll services and payroll tax filing systems with your first employee.
- Identify any business insurance needs.
- Develop a Partnership Agreement. By putting the terms of all business partnerships into writing, you will save a lot of future pain and headache, as well as the potential detriment of your business.
Don’t let this list overwhelm your desire to start a business. Our services were created with small business owners like you in mind.
Call us today to start your business the right way!
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (720) 414-2748 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
What our Clients are saying
– Frank Xavier
Mike Hurdle and Atlas Financial has helped our small business grow by giving us specific accounting consulting, for our specific business needs. Mike started out by taking on our taxes which needed to be quickly filed, and that were left in a mess from past accountants. He got everything cleaned up, in by the deadlines, and even got us a refund. After doing a great job with our tax filing, he restructured our QuickBooks accounts to streamline the way we categorize everything. It made things less stressful, clearer, and more productive when handling our accounting. He continued his services by giving us one-on-one training in QuickBooks that was tailored to how we specifically use the software for our business. It further helped us create the infrastructure in our accounting we needed to maximize our time and needs. Now we’re learning the proper ways to maximize our deductions, and gain the benefits of lower taxes, which is important to maximize our profits. We’ve also had Mike help us set up and use QuickBooks Payroll and he’s continued to do our taxes, including our personal taxes. Mike is personable, he helps us in our home office or remotely as needed. We can’t say enough about the help he’s given us and we highly recommend his services.
-Meagan (and Kevin) RandallHelped our small business grow